Thursday, September 29

Call me crazy...

I love rain.
Correction: I love rain downpours (none of that woosy spit rain).
Correction: I love getting soaked and then coming in from the rain to a nice, dry home - preferably with a fireplace, hot tea, a good book and a roof that echoes the pounding rain.

This love for rain is likely a consequence of growing up on the wet (west) coast, Port Hardy being a very wet town with an average of up to 5m of rain a year.

Prince Rupert however, a great coastal town that I just recently visited for the first time, takes the cake - Rainiest city - 2468.50 mm in a year!
Its a wonder, with such claims to fame as "Least sunshine year-round", why anyone (other than aquaman) lives there. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks gumboots are sexy...

http://www.on.ec.gc.ca/weather/winners/winners-e.html

--------------
In other news, I had a great time up at Shuswap Lake with BJ Boone - basking in the SUN, reading, more sunning, photographing...
Highlight of the trip? BJ's gas mileage.
just kidding.

Oh and I'm taking a photo class which is so exciting. Anyone else want to be my model?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

we should have a portrait night for each other...

oh, and we need to figure out how to get rid of spam for your site (damn you spammers!)... I'll search around... there must be something we can do...

Anonymous said...

huh, I never actually call myself '2bit'... that was weird :)

Anonymous said...

that's strange, cuz i've always refered to mel as 2bit... hmmm...

Linds said...

we should learn how to gumboot dance kate :)