Monday, June 5

Help

So, my boyfriend reads the “Missed Connections” section of Craig’s List

http://vancouver.craigslist.org/mis/

partly because it’s amusing to read about other people’s patheticness and desperation, and partly because the “the grass is always greener” and he’s just waiting for his own Miss Canada to write about seeing him. (Though anyone who knows him would admit that it’s highly unlikely he would do anything about it).

He wanted to respond to some of the reels with funny answers, but I reminded him of how horrible it would be to get a response and think it meant something only to discover it was somebodies attempt at a bad joke. We decided instead that maybe we would start our own set of postings and so yesterday afternoon I amused myself by typing one up. The problem is now I’ve got a response but from some other dorky computer guy out in Burnaby! He not only posted on craigslist, but also sent an email. How do I respond? And where is my true “Dino-man”?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe meet up with him for a date, just to see how green the grass actually is?
he sounds like a catch.

Anonymous said...

hilarious! :)

Linds said...

um - very happy right now with the boyfriend so really really don't need to go on any simu-dates.

(likely I will find that the grass is brown and full of dog bombs)

think I'm going to let this one just die out...wasn't as funny as I thought :)

Anonymous said...

but perhaps HE has found your blog and will continue to try to win your heart, even though you've left HIM feeling abandoned.

perhaps you have no friday night plans and would like to meet up?

Anonymous said...

hmmm...who is the creepy anonymous poster dude and how do you go about shaking him??

Linds said...

haha. yes kind of creepy.
me thinks it may be a crank-post though.

what I find the most amusing is that HE seems to have a bit of an identity ISSUE since HE insists on capatilizing the SEX that HE is.

Anonymous said...

Heh Heh Heh...too true...too true!!!