Wednesday, May 25

Rants

rants: n, long, angry and confused speeches.

For some unknown reason *they* wouldn't allow just Rivulets as the title for this blog so I stressed for a bit, sorting through my mind for self-descriptive and original words to use in combination with rivulets. Mel suggested spasm - that seemed to sum me up quite nicely for her so I thought "Sure, why not. Who's going to read this anyway?".
And then I briefly panicked. Did I want to let on to the masses that I have uncontrollable moments in life not unlike a muscle spasm? Who exactly was going to read this anyways? And who did I think I was that I even needed to create a blog? Most of my friends really don't know what that word means - even this bloggers site doesn't recognize the word in their dictionary. And what a waste of time for me, the writer, and you, the reader, if I wasn't going to say anything that was worth being said. I seem to already spend enough time using the computer as my main source of information and communication. Hydro can be quite expensive, not to mention the detrimental effects of staring at a pixel screen for moments on end...
It was this interlude that inspired the other half of my title.

1 comment:

Linds said...

i'm not changing the name...I'll just have to *learn* to write long angry and confused speeches. Hmmm...I may have to drink more.