Friday, August 11

The straw that broke the camel's back

After much deliberation on Tuesday and Wednesday evening, yesterday I resigned from my position at the aquarium.
It was a tough decision but also an easy one. I was asked to be the second naturalist/grunt woman for another trip with Bluewater Adventures, this time to the Great Bear Rainforest (!) and at first it seemed like I was going to be able to take the time off. When the decision was reversed (among other things), it was the straw that broke the camels back.

I'm not sure what will pan out for me in the future but I have an interview on Monday with the BC Sustainable Energy Association and a trip to the Great Bear Rainforest to look forward to, so I'm going try and not focus on the fact that I very well could be incredibly broke in the next couple of weeks.

Send money.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Seriously. YAY!
Good riddance! *Spit*

It seemed like the right decision.

Miranda said...

yay. congrats. I'm so happy for you! I know the Bluewater folks. They are super awesome and their boats are nice. Great Bear yay!

Dawn and Fred plus one said...

Congrats Lindsay! On to the next adventure!

Linds said...

yes. the next poor adventure. ;)

(have I just made a mistake?? oh well, here goes nothing.)

Linds said...

brutal...(sigh)

what will happen next? I do not know...