Monday, July 31

Firends

One of the toughest words for me to type properly is firends... fierends... freinds... friends.

And there are days when understanding firends can seem to be just as tough.
I've been thinking about old firends, new firends lately and a series of events (including reading mel's post) have got me mulling this even more. (uh oh)

Some firends are there with you until the end, some are just there for the moment, some you've outgrown, some will enjoy a beer and good conversation with you, some will try and lean on you a little too hard, some will morgage their house for you, some will read your blog (and some you won't even tell about it's existance) - but how do you know who is who?

And if you can figure that out, would/should you act any differently? (Theoretically I don't want to and yet...)

Either way it seems, if you want to keep that firend, you have to keep that contact. Killing two birds, I've decided to hone in on my typing skills by emailing my friends more often (and by that I mean we're shooting for one contact per week...this is big for me).

I love you all my fireneds. And by that I mean I'm thirsty. ;)
(http://www.qwantz.com/index.pl?comic=817)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

really?? cool. I'm waiting for mine then... *whistle* any day now... *whistle*

:P

Anonymous said...

what?! really?! what kind of bullshit is that! I want an email. Email me.

Anonymous said...

dude - i read your blog, but i'm just plain shite at email. however, i am one of those friends that will have a beer with you next time i'm in vancouver

Miranda said...

I wonder what kind I am? The neibour friend who never gets neighborly. Swimming, boating, drinking, laughing at your boyfriend friend? Let's go to the Soho some time to discus....

Anonymous said...

Update to All: email still hasn't come
Last week was not my week.

Linds said...

mel - I may or may not have sent you an email that only reads "hi"

kate - I often feel that people who read my blog have a better idea of what's going on in my life. Now if only they had a dino comic subscription, then I could send it to you. No seriously, I would.

cyber jess - when is the next time you're in vancouver? I'm running out of excuses for why I need to drink beer.

miranda - you're the kind of friend-neighbour whom I haven't quite managed to aquire a phone number of, but often think of inviting when I contemplate drinking, bitching, or watching good tunes (alas...no phone number). Laughing at my boyfriend (and yours) is always another great optional activity.
(send me your phone number)

mel - you get two inserts here. Perhaps if you dared me to email you for $10 I'd be more inclined. Or I could just dive into a drifting sludge of kelp and algae.