Wednesday, September 13

Gallavanting around the northwest coast

If for no other reason than to make the photo of my pina colata boyfriend scroll down a bit, I am going to post a a quick update and a few photos.

My trip up north was great. Yes there was some tough times, but nothing a few tears, a couple of death looks, lots of laughs and wine won't fix. But I learned alot about sailboats, cooking and people.

What made me want to go back next summer though was the sights. We live in one of the most beautiful places in the world and the vastness of our remaining wilderness is overwhelming, amazing and heartbreaking. I saw grizzly bears, wolves, clear cuts, fish farms, a ridiculous number of eagles, jumping salmon, worrisome water tables, incredible intertidial diversity, and of course... marine mammals, but Ill let the photos speak for them selves on that topic (taken on james' camera which he graciosly lent me, and the skippers 300 focus lense camera - my own camera went kapute on Aug.24- Day 1...)

No comments: