Tuesday, February 21

300 sq. ft

300 sq. ft is very small.
Imagine the average size of a bedroom and that would be the area of the suite that I walked in to. The small window looked across at the corner of Abbott and Cardero, Gastown (this was it's good feature). There were no cupboards. There was no countertop to prepare food. The silver unit that had two burners and a sink on top, also had a fridge, rather than an oven, in it's belly. The small bathroom DID have a half tub, shower and toilet, but there was no sink to brush your teeth or wash your face - the silver unit, it appeared, was multifunctional.
All that and no parking or storage space for the fine price of of $525.

I don't know. Call me middle class, but I think I'll pass on this one.

Too bad...I liked the idea of living in Gastown (and throwing the world's smallest parties).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silver sounds nice... and I bet you could talk them down to $520 ?

that's awesome. I so need to go there to take pictures.

Dawn and Fred plus one said...

that's crazy. that's 1/4 of the size for about 1/2 the price of our apt in mtl. I'll rent you our laundry room for $499...there's a window, hookup for water, lots of cupboard space...I bet you could even sleep in one of the cupboards.