Wednesday, February 15

Traveling with my phone charger

One sign that could indicate you don't really have a home yet, is that you travel with a phone charger.

Yesterday I realized a disadvantage to this when I pulled out said phone charger and tried to charge it (in my car of course) since I had talked it down to dead.

Nothing. I looked it over, figured I had broken it (I don't think I had looked that closely at the charger before) and thought "Great, I'm now that much harder to get a hold of". Luckily this morning I discovered I had not in fact broken the charger...however now I wonder what the problem was. Since I was in the middle of calling someone about a place (a home for my phone charger) I decided to walk the blocks in search of pay phone. This is not an easy feat these days but after covering many blocks of pavement I finally found one. Ironically this one died on me halfway through my conversation and I had to move to the next stall over in order to finish hearing about a place to live that is 300 sq ft! - I can't even imagine how small that is. The size of my room with a kitchen attached to it? Probably. Anyway, the way this suite hunt is going, I might as well check it out - it could be the golden egg that my phone charger is looking for.

In other news, I am now an official diver at the aquarium, got some sweet, red, Rock and Roll underwear for valentines, danced a tiny solo in El Jaleo, an in-house casual performance, and I'm going on a trip in late April for 5 days to sail the Gulf Islands as a naturalist on a grade 8-9 Albertan school field trip.

And for those of you wondering about Canada's medal count, so far we have 2 Golds, 6 Silver and 5 Bronze medals. In half an hour the women's hockey play for gold! Go Canada go!

Gold - Women's Freestyle Skiing, Men's Skeleton
Silver - Two-Man Bobsled, Women's Cross Country team sprint, Men's Skeleton, Men's Speedskating Team Pursuit, Women's Speedskating Team Pursuit, Women's Speedskating 1000m
Bronze - Men's Figure Skating, Women's Snowboarding Cross, Women's Skeleton, Women's Speedskating 3000m, Women's Speedskating short track 500m.

2 comments:

Dawn and Fred plus one said...

300 sq feet!!! wow -- makes me appreciate Montreal's huge, cheap apartments.

Linds said...

I'm mailing myself there now...