Friday, February 24

Canada Wins Gold!

It was an exciting game, Canada vs Finland for gold.
I wish I was talking about men's hockey, but it was curling instead that stepped up to the plate in talent.

I have to admit I like watching Olympic curling - the pressure is high on a sport that has weird variables, like surface texture, rink temperature and wrist rotation accuracy. I've tried curling and therefore have a deep respect for a game that pretty much secures gold with Canada taking 6 points in the 6th end! The 3rd man, Nichols, had a 97% accuracy and some of those were amazing throws (like hitting 3 rocks out on incredible angles!). And, to make this game even more interesting, the Lead guy was kind of cute.

I do wish I could have seen the women's hockey gold winning game.
(Glad i missed the men's)

No comments: