Monday, July 24

Pigeon holes

There's been a fair amount of alcohol this past week and the combination of that with this gorgeous hot weather has made for some blissful dehydrated afternoons and evenings.

Most disturbing (exhilarating?) of all, the alcohol seems to be feeding my newest seed of an idea, quitting my job - the variable alcohol content determining which avenue I will pursue next, and which facet of my job, real or imaginary, I am most frustrated with, most recently the fear of being pigeon holed.

Apply to get a teachers certification program for summer/september 2007? (and until then, what?)
Try and land myself a job that lets me stand next to the intoxicating thought of being a photographer?
Apply to different environmental education positions, because it's easy?
Volunteer ski patrol? (OFA level 3 is an expensive first aid ticket...)
Pimp myself out for the possiblity of owning my "house on the ocean, built into a cliff"?
Something completely different?
Banjo rock star?

Tread lightly, ye who chooses to open the topic of career paths, I'm on a rant-age...

1 comment:

Linds said...

Unfortuneately I'm too late for January registration, which leaves me far too much time stewing over ideas that I should go to school to do something else...photography, writing, music, carpentry, clown school ("Come one, come all to see the amazing flying monkey puffer fish love child!"...

The international programs are quite interesting indeed, though I thought it didn't run with the high school ed.