Saturday, August 27

Unanswerable questions?

Why is it that occasionally, especially when James is around, I prove my abesent-mindness and do something dumb.
Or rather don't do something smart. Like get car insurance when it was expired...20 days ago.
Interestingly though, after the cop pulled me over, forced me to pay for a tow back into town and then slapped with me a huge fine (but luckily no jail time - i didn't realize that could be an option!), he discretely advised me to dispute the ticket so as to lower the fine. Not the crime, but the fine amount. What? You bargain your fine?
Why couldn't I dispute it today?
Why do I have to go to court a year and half later to get the ticket fine reduced? The officer told me he wouldn't object today!
Why the drama?
And why is James always there for these moments?....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, I think they always ask you to dispute the charge... no idea why. Brad's "skytrain cop" told him to dispute his ticket too. I think they just like going to court instead of busting idiots all days... err.. people... not idiots.. per say :)