Monday, August 1

Mr. and Mrs. Conwi

Well, it was a crazy day, but the parties did not dissapoint and the wedding was amazing. However with everything leading up to that day draining me, and another one looming in the future, I would like now to not think about the W-word. At least for a day or two. I'm going to pass on the details, for now.

Yesterday was, what I felt, my only my third summer afternoon. Well, it was actually more like an evening but with the sun and the warm air still around, it was almost more satifying than the sweltering middle of the day. Big Jim Boone and I took our bikes down to a beach that I can't remeber the name of - it was on the west side of the Lions Gate bridge. The water was great to swim in. It reminded me of swimming in the ocean when I worked as life guard on Anvil Island, Howe Sound. The surface water was warm enough that you could stay in the water for many minutes and we could waterski around some of the sheltered bays...all in the North Pacific Ocean.

So, I didn't realize that I was a dating a pussy. 15 minutes after I had been in the water swimming around, my man left the knee-deep shallows, but not without an extremely worried expression. You would think that experience would have taught him that they will drop down again after you leave the water. You're down going to lose them ...

Back to work today..ugh.

No comments: