Thursday, August 18

The Weakerthans

Recently I was lent a Weakerthans CD and now I'm getting a little obsessed.
(I'm a little slow in discovering great bands. I'm too lazy to seek them out- though I'll go see anyone on a recommendation - and rely on my good friends to introduce me to the next great talent.)

This is how I do it though. I listen to one or two CD's loyally for days or weeks, depending on how good the music is. A bit like my men? ha, just kidding.

Last night I had a good time with the old gang and a couple of bottles of wine (even though I was late, I think I got the drunkest). Very fun. It was great to see Svea again. I love that girl and wish she lived closer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

... And you didn't mentioned the most important part... they are a **WINNIPEG** band :)

and I hope you're not too mad about those Philappinos/.. they just arrived in the city and had no place to stay... anyway, I didn't think it would be too late...

Linds said...

Yes, how silly of me to forget!

Argueabley their best/most popular/most relevant song IS, of course, "I hate Winnipeg".

Linds said...

by the way.. I was kidding about Svea. She never showed.
Turns out we were laughing her tendancies to forget things and this time is was MEL who we are to point our finger at. Point away. :)