Monday, July 18

I hadn't taken his photo yet...

Tonight, driving home from a weekend stagette, there was a terrible top story. The Vancouver Aquarium's baby beluga whale, the almost-3-years old Tuvaq, died today. According to news radio, they found him floating dead in the tank 30 minutes after a routine blood testing. An aquarium representative likened it to a healthy 24-year old human suddenly having a heart attack.
Tommorow will be tough and morbid I imagine (for both employees, visitors and belugas)...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard ... very sad :(

Now, knowing that you are my compasionate friend who love nature (... and rocks?), I have faith that you all do a wonderful at the aquarium but... SO HELP ME GOD, IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO THE OTTERS YOU'RE ALL GOING DOWN.

Hope you had a good weekend... give us the goods! :)